A Literary Map of Colorado provides the average reader with a manageable list of books about cowboy culture, mining, mountains, national parks, Native American history, railroads, ranching, rivers, and tragedies of brave women and pathfinding men of the state of Colorado. It includes some classic and some quirky, some historical and some contemporary.
- 50 selected titles
- over 5,000 words of quotes and summaries
- 18 original illustrations by artist Clint Tillman Reid
- list of mysteries set in Colorado
- state poet laureates
- state literary organizations
REVIEWS by the Denver Post and Colorado authors
Format / Size
Folded 3.75” X 9.5”
Clint Tillman Reid
- On Amazon.com
- Sold through the publisher using Paypal here
Copies are also sold at the following Colorado retail locations:
Denver: Tattered Cover Book Stores
Center for Southwest Studies
Second Story Books
Fort Collins: Wolverine Farm Books
Salida: The Book Haven
EMAIL for info about selling copies in your store
Criteria for Selection
- Author was Colorado born or lived here a significant amount of time
- The book covers a Colorado topic
- It is cited as being authoritative and received good reviews by the literary community
- Abundant copies available to readers through libraries, bookstores, and online
Select Resource List
- Aldama, Arturo J. Enduring Legacies: Ethnic Histories and Cultures of the Colorado Borderlands. Boulder, Colo.: University Press of Colorado, 2011.
- C. de Baca, Vincent, and Colorado Historical Society. La Gente: Hispano History and Life in Colorado. Denver: Colorado Historical Society, 1998.
- Colorado Historical Society. Colorado Heritage: The Journal of the Colorado Historical Society. Denver: The Society, 1981-.
- Colorado Language Arts Society. Colorado Literary Legacy (map). Denver: Beach & Beach, 1991.
- Colorado Language Arts Society. Colorado Literary Map (map). 2005.
- Contemporary Authors Online Database. Web. Gale Cengage Learning.
- Gehres, Eleanor M. The Colorado Book. Golden, Colo.: Fulcrum Pub., 1993.
- Grinstead, Steve., Ben Fogelberg, and Colorado Historical Society. Western Voices: 125 Years of Colorado Writing. Golden, Colo.: Fulcrum Pub., 2004.
- Hopkins, Martha E., Michael Buscher, and Library of Congress. Language of the Land: The Library of Congress Book of Literary Maps. Washington, DC: Library of Congress, 1999. url
- Lee, W. Storrs. Colorado; a Literary Chronicle. New York: Funk & Wagnalls, 1970.
- Monnett, John H., and Michael McCarthy. Colorado Profiles: Men and Women Who Shaped the Centennial State. Evergreen, Colo.: Cordillera Press, 1987.
- Noel, Thomas J., et al. Historical Atlas of Colorado. Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 1993.
- State Historical and Natural History Society of Colorado, State Historical Society of Colorado, and Colorado Historical Society. The Colorado Magazine. Denver, Colorado: State Historical and Natural History Society of Colorado, State Museum, 1923-.
- Verhoef, Carol, and Jefferson County Public Library (Colo.). Colorado Authors Bibliography. Lakewood, Colo.: Jefferson County Public Library, 1979.
- Wynar, Bohdan S., Roberta J. Depp, and National Society of Colonial Dames of America in the State of Colorado. Colorado Bibliography. Littleton, Colo.: Libraries Unlimited for the National Society of Colonial Dames of America in the State of Colorado, 1980.